r
d
l
a
dlbaker43 dlbaker43
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Explain the differences in the relative timing patterns of skipping and galloping. In a way that someone unfamiliar with the concept of relative timing would understand.
Source  Motor Learning and Performance 4th Edition Schmidt, Chapter 5, Apply Your Knowledge
Read 252 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Hey

I found something that may be helpful in explaining the difference between skipping and galloping. I took it from an old textbook.

Please see the attachment below Downwards Arrow

Attached file 
(234.23 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Staff Member
6 years ago
Skipping: Step on your off-leg (usually the left) and kick out the right leg so that the ball of the foot grazes the ground as it kicks forward. Then you shift to the other leg. So it's hop-kick-hop-kick while the ball of each foot grazes the ground. It should make a sound on the pavement that sounds like "skip," hence the name.

Galloping: Exactly like a horse would gallop if it had two legs instead of four. Kick your right leg forward, then pull your left leg forward behind the right leg, then kick out the right leg again before you fall!
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  905 People Browsing
 188 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352