t
S
m
s
FFaraz FFaraz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
i want to know the wiring inside chargers.positive and negative terminals of source connected in series or parallel to batteries like that answers i need.please clarify with full information.
Read 254 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Power flows through the negative termal on the battery. So to recharge a battery power is pushed back through the negative termal.
wrote...
10 years ago
A cheap charger will have only a rectifier and a light bulb inside. Better units might have very sophisticated circuits. For example a marine regulator will make a lead-acid cell last about three times as long as an automotive regulator. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any information on regulators except that the marine variety includes monitoring the temperature of something.
wrote...
10 years ago
When you discharge a battery, electrons out from the negative terminal through the circuitry, back to the positive terminal.

When you charge/recharge a battery, you pump electrons back into the negative terminal and drain them out of the positive terminal, just the opposite of when the battery is supplying a load.

There are several types of chargers, from the really cheap ones which usually consist of a transformer and a rectifier which apply full charging current regardless of the charge in the battery to the really good - and expensive - ones that actually read the voltage of the battery, and will taper from full power to trickle charge as the battery gets to full charge.  The cheaper chargers tend to overcharge batteries, which shortens their useful life.
wrote...
10 years ago
Battery chargers are connected in parallel so the desired voltage attained at full charge is more like the actual voltage of the batteries instead of subtracting the added voltage of the charger.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  983 People Browsing
Related Images