a
t
i
r
__Aycee __Aycee
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago
I have one last class before I can finish my Associates at my school and I can either take precalculus 1 or intro to stats. I am pretty bad at math and was wondering which class I should sign up for? I mean which one would be the easier of the two?
Read 2315 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
intro to stat
wrote...
10 years ago
Depends on the stats.  If they use integrals, you'd need to have taken calculus, which apparently you haven't.  So, pre-calculus.
wrote...
10 years ago
Intro to Stats.. Alot easier! My friend is taking Calculus and says its harder! He is going to Collage to become a Math Teacher. Hope this helps,Wish you the best Slight Smile
wrote...
10 years ago
Intro to Stats would probably be the better choice for your "future" whether it be the employment world or continued education.  Of course an intro course means vocabulary and concepts to learn.  It also absolutely requires a reasonable calculator and may require some use of computing software.  Stats also includes some symbolic language of its own and some syntax of its own.  Stats involves the use of tables of data, even if it is a single column table of 1 by many.  Stats includes some logic, probability, and a number of equations that one must memorize.  Often, it includes story problems right from the start.  

Pre-calculus is designed to drill you in the use of your algebra skills.  In doing so, it uses a lot of graphs of parabola's (up, down, and side ways in all directions), circles, ellipses, and more.  Of course, these parabolas and/or arcs can be drawn from equations and, equations can be derived from the graphs.  Think of it as an expansion of the types of skills, equations, and relationships you learned when you learned how to graph a line, slope intercept formula and how to use it, and more.  Pre-calc is also where you integrate some of what you learned in trig with what you learned in algebra.
wrote...
10 years ago
It will depend always on the teacher.......but I would say that both are more or less equally difficult.
wrote...
10 years ago
I would take both since they sound like a great GPA booster, but if you're not a math person... intro stats. You get formula and you punch in the right numbers in right places to get answers. pre-Calculus (I'm assuming high school level math sh@#) could get tricky due to shits like permutations, transformation and all that stuff. Stats are more linear and straight forward.

That is all.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1300 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204