t
i
r
r
rishi rishi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I'm studying chemistry, but I want to study chemical engineering as well. So, looking at both plans I saw that engineers gotta pass organic chemistry fundamentals. I don't know the differences between them. HELP!
Read 1174 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Organic chemistry is a discipline within chemistry which involves the scientific study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation (by synthesis or by other means) of chemical compounds that contain carbon. AND
Fundamentals of organic chemistry are:

Introduction to Organic Chemistry;
Electronic Structure of Atoms and Molecules;
(review of A-level); Hybridization;
Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes: Structure and Bonding, Alkanes, Cycloalkanes, Conformation, Properties;
Alkenes?
Stereochemistry, Preparation, Reactions;
Stereochemistry;
Alcohols and Alkyl Halides;
Nucleophilic Substitution;
Free radicals and radical reactions;
Polymerization reactions: industrially important polymers;
Arenes and Aromaticity; Reactions of Arenes;
Aldehydes and Ketones; Carboxylic Acids; Spectroscopy;
Carboxylic Acid Derivatives;
Amines;
Special Topics related to industrial chemistry.
wrote...
10 years ago
Organic chem focuses on a broad spectrum of ocher topics and goes pretty in-depth whereas fundamentals ochem focuses on some of the main concepts of ochem and is a little easier
wrote...
10 years ago
Hmmm wtf?

Organic chemistry - a course that teaches organic chemistry
Organic chemistry fundamentals - a course that teaches fundamental concepts of organic chemistry, so most likely focuses on basic rules and concepts rather than exploring in greater depth.

No one can answer this here, unless they've taken both of them. Best advice is to ask the school for course syllabus. It will summarize what is being learned, which prof (yes, that can make a huge difference), how you will be graded and so forth.

That is all.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  865 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?