a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, oem7110
Referring to following video, I would like to know on how EDTA Chelation Therapy works on removing heavy metals within body.

Furthermore, I would like to know on how heavy metals within body are generate a free radicals at chemical's viewpoint.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Read 353 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Excellent questions.

To start, I'd like to mention that chelation can be beneficial or cause problems in the long run… The purpose is to sequester soluble metals, which is technically a good thing, but enhancing this enchaces metals into cells as well, and some of these metals at high concentrations are toxic. Therefore, metals can be made non toxic by this process while others may cause carcinogenesis. Sometimes the physiological effects gets masked.

Here's an example of chelation taking place:

Heavy metals have the ability to react with oxidizing agents found in the blood stream, such as oxygen that has gained an electron. These oxygen atoms which have become radicalized (reminds me of ISIS), are highly reactive, and they react with the metal ions found also in the bloodstream.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Therefore, metals can be made non toxic by this process while others may cause carcinogenesis. Sometimes the physiological effects gets masked.

Could you please explain more on how this process cause carcinogenesis?

Furthermore, do you know on how much EDTA Chelation Therapy charges in your local area for a complete treatment (around 40 times treatment, each treatment take 3-4 hours)?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Could you please explain more on how this process cause carcinogenesis?

Too many ways to describe, but to keep it short and clear, metals like mercury, lead, cadmium, and arsenic have been known to lead to different types of cancer or lung cancer, or accumulate and impede normal function of one’s vital organs by attaching to DNA and interfering with the replication process, and ultimately causing mutations that may lead to cancer and other conditions.

Ok, I read up on Chelation therapy, it's something I never knew existed. Chelation therapy is a treatment that involves repeated intravenous (IV) administration of a chemical solution of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, or EDTA. It is used to treat acute and chronic lead poisoning by pulling toxins (including heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, and mercury) from the bloodstream.

-- http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/ethylenediaminetetraacetic-acid
oemBiology Author
wrote...
6 years ago
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago

My pleasure
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1408 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion