t
S
m
s
umud umud
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
When it comes to adopting a role in the field research setting, what three questions should the researcher ask him or herself? Briefly describe each issue.
Textbook 
Basics of Social Research, Canadian Edition

Basics of Social Research, Canadian Edition

Edition: 4th
Authors:
Read 57 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
●   “How will I present myself?” Presentation of self: This involves appearance, i.e., what we say and how we act; a researcher must be aware that self-presentation will influence field relations to some degree (it is difficult to present a highly deceptive front or to present oneself in a way that deviates sharply from the person one is ordinarily).
●   “What does it mean for me to be a measurement instrument?” Researcher as instrument: Field researchers are flexible about what to include as data and admit their own subjective insights and feelings such that personal and subjective experiences are part of field data. Instead of trying to be objective and eliminate personal reactions, field researchers should treat their feelings toward field events as data.
●   “How can I assume an attitude of strangeness?” An attitude of strangeness: This involves questioning and noticing ordinary details or looking at the ordinary through the eyes of a stranger.
umud Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Thanks
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  786 People Browsing
 110 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293