r
d
l
a
#8 #8
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
next year i will be applying to pharmacy school and i want to be a certified tech this summer before i apply so it will be on my CV. i live in one state and plan on taking the PTCE here, but currently go to college in another. i plan to work as tech in the state of my college.will i have to take the exam there?
Read 680 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
The PTCB certification is good nationally- meaning it doesn't depend on the state you live in. However each state has different requirements for pharmacy technicians. Some require nothing at all, for some PTCB certification is all you need, others require training from certain approved schools. So you will need to look up the requirements of the state you will be working in. pharmtechtraining.net/state-requirements has a good list or go to your state board of pharmacy to see what is required.
wrote...
10 years ago
The first answer is a great answer. I can tell you that here in Florida you must be licensed in the state to work as a pharmacy technician and unfortunately, PTCB certification isn't enough anymore. You have to enroll in technician courses or get hired in a pharmacy that has their own training program like Walmart, Publix, CVS, Walgreens, or others and then you have to work a certain number of hours. However, in a lot of places certification earns you more money. Good Luck!

Hope this helps. Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1072 People Browsing
 115 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328