t
i
r
r
jandaman jandaman
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I am having trouble in my Anatomy and phisiology class, and I was wondering if i could find the answers to review sheet 3 for physio ex 8.0.
Read 2110 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
are you looking for the lab answers?
jandaman Author
wrote...
12 years ago
there is a review sheet at the end of exercise 3 physioex 8.0. here are the questions i need help with.
3. Why don’t the terms depolarization and action potential mean the same thing?  _____________________________ ______

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ______________

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ______________

4.  What is the difference between membrane irritability and membrane conductivity?_____________________________ ___

Eliciting a Nerve Impulse

5.  Why does the nerve action potential increase slightly when you add 1.0 V to the threshold voltage and stimulate the nerve?

6.  If you were to spend a lot of time studying nerve physiology in the laboratory, what type of stimulus would you use and why?

7.  Why does the addition of sodium chloride elicit an action potential?_____________________________ _______________

Inhibiting a Nerve Impulse

8.  What was the effect of ether on eliciting an action potential?_____________________________ _____________________

9.  Does the addition of ether to the nerve cause any permanent alteration in neural response?___________________________

10. What was the effect or curare on eliciting an action potential?_____________________________ ____________________

11. Explain the reason for your answer in question 10 above._______________________ _____________________________

12. What was the effect of lidocaine on eliciting an action potential?_____________________________ _________________

Nerve Conduction Velocity

13.  What is the relationship between size and of the nerve and conduction velocity?_____________________________ _____

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _______________

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _______________

14. Keeping your answer to question 13 in mind, how might you draw an analogy between the nerves in the human body and electrical wires?

15. Hypothesize  what type of animals would have the fastest conduction velocities. _____________________________ _____

16. How does myelination affect nerve conduction velocity? Explain. _____________________________ ________________

17. If any of the nerves used were reversed in their placement on the stimulating and recording electrodes, would any differences be seen in conduction velocities?  Explain.

wrote...
12 years ago
oh, I only have the lab answers. Let me know if you need them.
jandaman Author
wrote...
12 years ago
yes please.. i imagine they could help me solve the questions
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
@jandaman, one question per topic.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
jandaman Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Sorry about that. It is my first time on the site. Can I post each question seperately on here?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  893 People Browsing
Related Images