t
i
r
r
chang190 chang190
wrote...
13 years ago
Identify if the following are true or false:

1.Proteins that are destined for either the ER or the cytoplasm initiate translation in the cytoplasm.
2.Proteins fully translated in the cytoplasm always function in the cytoplasm.
3.Proteins made at the surface of the RER always have the finished protein product embedded in the RER's membrane.
4. A given ribosome on the RER will always be attached to the RER.
Read 1515 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
1.Proteins that are destined for either the ER or the cytoplasm initiate translation in the cytoplasm. F
2.Proteins fully translated in the cytoplasm always function in the cytoplasm. T
3.Proteins made at the surface of the RER always have the finished protein product embedded in the RER's membrane. F
4. A given ribosome on the RER will always be attached to the RER. T

Your thoughts?
chang190 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
For the first statement, isnt it true that all translations take place in the cytoplasm?
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
It was the wording that mislead me Face with Open Mouth because it uses the preposition "or" as opposed to "and," but you brought up a good point, it does makes sense to say T. By the way, what's your textbook? I could probably get the test-bank.
chang190 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
My textbook is:

The Cell: a molecular approach-5th edition by Cooper and Hausman
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Do you know about this website: http://www.sinauer.com/cooper5e/ ?

That's too bad, if it were a Pearson Textbook, we would have access to all the questions/answers. We have no connections with Sinauer. Sad Dummy
chang190 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
btw, how about the 4th statement? Why is it true?
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Good eye, it should be false because ribosomes bound to the RER at any one time are not a stable part of this organelle's structure as ribosomes are constantly being bound and released from the membrane.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Thx Undecided Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1131 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293