r
d
l
a
PUFIMAX PUFIMAX
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
how to study for medical surgical nursing?
any tips?
is med surge the hardest class?
Read 5261 times
2 Replies
hello

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
It's all a matter of personal preference.  While in school, I found Med Surg to be more interesting than many of the other classes.  I wasn't really interested in OB since I'm a man.  I wasn't really interested in psych since I didn't feel safe in that setting.  I wasn't interested in research since I hate research.

As far as difficulty goes, all nursing classes pretty much had a proportional amount of material for the number of hours of credit given, with the exception of pharmacology.  Pharmacology seemed to have a lot more information than any of the other classes, but again, I'm super interested in drug therapy, so it wasn't a problem for me.

I would say the most difficult part of nursing school was distractions outside of the classroom.  I did an accelerated BSN program (18 months) as part of a special program, so we did two semesters of coursework every semester.  Any time I wanted to do anything outside of school, I got behind in my schoolwork.
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
wrote...
10 years ago
It's all about finding what works for me.

Few methods that help me the most:

1) If you don't understand something in the book or lecture talk to your instructors

2) Youtube disease, interventions or medical management. Usually you can find a patient teaching video or video from patients with the condition where you get to think about nsg dx and interventions.

3) Find as many NCLEX question that you can get a hold of. Answer the question, read the rationale, try to find something in your textbook and if it still doesn't make sense. Ask your instructors or peers that are doing well in the class. Mine are more than willing to help
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1184 People Browsing
 107 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274