r
d
l
a
bdelgado26 bdelgado26
wrote...
Rep: 3 1
10 years ago
Part B - Experimental results: Banding pattern predictions for each model of replication
Meselson and Stahl designed an experiment that would allow them to discern whether DNA replication occurs in a dispersive, semiconservative, or conservative manner.
They started with E. coli that had been growing for many generations in medium containing 15N.
They then transferred the bacteria into medium containing only 14N, and allowed the bacteria to undergo two rounds of DNA replication.
After each round of replication, the scientists performed density-gradient centrifugation of the DNA.
The scientists reasoned that each of the three models would predict different DNA banding patterns after the two rounds of replication.
Can you identify the banding patterns predicted by each model after the first round of replication? (Then, in Part C, you will identify the banding patterns predicted after the second round of replication.)
Drag the test tubes to the appropriate locations in the table to show the banding patterns that each model predicts. Test tubes may be used once, more than once, or not at all.
Read 82352 times
32 Replies
Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Since you haven't provided a schematic, I really don't know where to drag the labels. I found a few good reads that might help you understand the question, though I'm severely limited to what I can do since a lot of information is missing.
 Attached file(s) 
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
amaraia01,  skrog26,  nasogu,  kar5589,  biolove,  jokemaestro
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
bdelgado26 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
I have attached the image that goes with this problem. I apologize that I couldn't paste the link like the other image from the other question. Thank you very much for the help!
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
sarollik,  ddonova5,  jcarnett,  shraybay,  plumerias
wrote...
10 years ago
It's not a problem, I do have the perfect image for you. Try to follow along, you should derive at the answer Smiling Face with Halo
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
alexaxjay,  mdiop25,  gsxrtwin,  mayanil25,  becky7476,  ReeceBio
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
bdelgado26 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thank you very much for the image! I just want to make sure that I have the correct answers. I have trouble with diagrams like this, therefore if my answers are wrong could you explain why in order to help me understand the question better? I have attached the image with my answers.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
queenhoa,  heather_cambree,  shannonmcqu,  domo0781,  jj80808,  yolopolo,  skrog26,  heloo420,  vmsok,  mandystout,  Seth5966,  mmmryds,  mgrave13,  blitteryz,  missyyyyyy,  aferrr13
wrote...
10 years ago
that wasn't the correct answer... did you figure it out?
wrote...
10 years ago
yeah i'm stuck too.. im on my last attempt and have 1 out of the 3 wrong
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Here's how I see, though I'm not sure...

Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
wrote...
10 years ago
This is what I got
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
ekrieger,  drownduck,  okanem,  amaraia01,  clowen,  alicefli,  autumntrice,  mrizzo,  tansil.binkley,  leatchley,  reconrv,  icompletedork,  ohyaaaay207,  blitzhaeve,  gsxrtwin,  mpayne,  mfaust4,  warneiseya,  Marinelle,  ebrkovic,  ajn4506,  britainwetzel,  swkhan2,  ankamara,  LKAY,  kl3,  FJUKVN,  soccer503,  highdeehide,  tdoucette,  alexmdailey,  rmiles10,  prisss,  alyssazizzo,  feldkampv,  Esselstein914,  lovely8567,  and03061,  ktyran96,  connieyu18,  Manimani,  jennafee,  lizbarlow4,  fxnguyen,  Nour,  sherryberry,  spatel18,  Hilla,  nomad95,  kalynwaggoner,  katieh,  rtrabing14,  gabegdc5,  magiter12
wrote...
10 years ago
yup that was right!! finally

any ideas for this one? getting close to the due date! haha
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
jdredge
Answer verified by a subject expert
ekriegerekrieger
wrote...
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
kl3,  bio_man,  Hannah Henry