i
r
r
ppk ppk
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
13 years ago
This article features a case of illegal euthanasia being performed in New Zealand.

One of the issues associated with "back-alley" medical treatment is the potential for them to be performed by inexperienced or unqualified individuals, thereby increasing the chance the recipient is left in a worse state than before. Should we be making euthanasia legal already, to avoid illegal underground euthanasia practice? Or is what we really need are more people who can counsel or just lend a sympathetic ear to individuals looking to kill themselves?

http://www.bioedge.org/index.php/bioethics/bioethics_article/8940/
Read 1028 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
ppk Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
13 years ago
Sorry, that shouldn't be a Grin (Grinning Face), my apologies!
wrote...
13 years ago
If people wanted to kill themselves so badly, they are going to find a way to do it whether euthanasia is legal or illegal, or whether underground euthanasia is available. As far as increasing the amount of counselors, or even therapists, there are so many that are available but in some cases you have to pay for them, or people are unsure where to locate their offices, and may not even want to trouble of committing. There are so many peers that people can readily turn to with their emotional issues, and for free!

I do however think allowing and accepting this underground euthanasia will increase the number of people using its service, so it could get out of hand, or target people that havent "cooled off" and rationalized their emotions that lead to their decision to kill themselves. So in the end i think that yes, make euthanasia legal but with strict laws and regulations so its not being abused, and increase patrolling for illegal underground euthanasia practice to try and not make it available.
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1034 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4