t
i
r
r
lordcheesehorn lordcheesehorn
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hello. I would like to know what solid evidence there is that successful genetic modifications are caused by random survivial-selected mutations and not through the epigenetic influence of the organism or the environment.

Many thanks for your time.
Read 744 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
Hey, so you would like examples of random mutations in one's lifetime showing benefits to the human race?
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
9 years ago
No. I would like evidence that successful mutations are random.
wrote...
9 years ago
All successful mutations (good mutations), of course, are not somatic if we're referring to humans, for example. I looked at the original post, and it doesn't mention what species, but this can easily be proven with antibiotics, a petri dish, and some bacteria.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks. But what proof is there that the mutations are random, and not caused or influenced by anything else?
wrote...
9 years ago
I see what you are getting at. I suppose if there aren't any natural pressures, why would there be mutations in the first place. That's where the whole idea of natural selection comes in.
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks for your reply.

Can anyone else provide solid evidence or proof that mutations are random?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  878 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370