s
r
d
l
a
Anonymous sociologystu
wrote...
A year ago
1. Explain the concepts of role strain and role conflict. Identify situations in your life in which you have experienced role strain and role conflict. How did you reduce these situations?

2. Explain Erving Goffman’s major ideas of the presentation of self and impression management. How do you engage in the presentation of self in everyday life situations and manage your images to others?
Read 130 times
2 Replies
Replies
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Explain the concepts of role strain and role conflict. Identify situations in your life in which you have experienced role strain and role conflict. How did you reduce these situations?

Role strain refers to the stress or tension that arises from the competing demands within a single role. For example, a working parent may experience role strain when they have to balance the demands of their job with the needs of their children. They may feel pressure to perform well at work while also feeling responsible for caring for their children, resulting in tension and stress.

Role conflict, on the other hand, occurs when the demands of two or more roles conflict with each other. This can occur when the expectations and requirements of one role clash with those of another role. For instance, a college student who works a part-time job may experience role conflict when they have to choose between studying for an exam and fulfilling their work responsibilities.

In my own life, I have experienced both role strain and role conflict. For example, I have experienced role strain as a student when I had to balance the demands of my academic work with my responsibilities working part-time. Sometimes, the expectations and requirements of being a full-time student and a part-time employee could clash, leading to tension and stress.

I have also experienced role conflict in my personal life when I had to choose between attending a family gathering and meeting a deadline for a work project. In such cases, I have tried to reduce the situation by prioritizing my responsibilities and managing my time effectively. For instance, I have tried to complete my work early to attend the family gathering or find a way to combine my responsibilities, such as studying while traveling to a family gathering.
Answer accepted by topic starter
tanshierwentanshierwen
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A year ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
(63.29 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.