r
d
l
a
envme717 envme717
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I was wondering if anyone has done this lab? I need help with the table and the questions.. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have attached the file.

Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 3767 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
When studying cell division in tissue samples, scientists often calculate a mitotic index, which is the ratio of dividing cells to the total number of cells in the sample. (You did this.) Scientists often calculate the mitotic index to compare the growth rates of different types of tissue. Which type of tissue would have a higher mitotic index, normal tissue or cancerous tissue? Explain.

Some of these questions aren't too hard to answer.

By definition a cancerous cell is a cell that has lost it's ability to control it's growth. Cancer cells keep on growing until there is no more space. It is also possible for them to metastasize when they have greatly expanded. The reason why cancerous cells keep growing is because cancer cells have an enzyme called telomerase, which expands it's telomeres. This will provided the cell with unlimited "life"because its telomeres will never run out.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1101 People Browsing
 151 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274