t
i
r
r
hallli hallli
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
10 years ago
Do men with higher levels of a particular hormone show higher levels of assertiveness? Levels of this hormone were tested in 100 men. The top 10 and the bottom 10 were selected for the study. All participants took part in a laboratory simulation in which they were asked to role-play a person picking his car up from a mechanic’s shop. The simulation was videotaped and later judged by independent raters on each of four types of assertive statements made by the participant. The results are shown in the table below. Explain these results to a person who fully understands the t test for a single sample but knows nothing about the t test for independent means.
Mean Number of Assertive Statements
Type of Assertive Statement
Group           1         2         3         4   
Men with High Levels    2.14   1.16   3.83   0.14
Men with Low Levels    1.21   1.32   2.33   0.38
t      3.81**    0.89     2.03*   0.58

Read 2262 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
On Hiatus
10 years ago
Depends on what type of hormone it is.  Most likely the probably hormone that reflects the assertiveness I would assume would be testosterone.  If the hormone estrogen is exhibited, I think otherwise.  I'm sorry if I am wrong but I tried lol.  Best of luck, Joseph
Machiavelli
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Solution attached Slight Smile
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
renee232
wrote...
9 years ago
Do men with higher levels of a particular hormone show higher levels of assertiveness? Levels of this hormone were tested in 100 men. The top 10 and the bottom 10 were selected for the study. All participants took part in a laboratory simulation in which they were asked to role-play a person picking his car up from a mechanic’s shop. The simulation was videotaped and later judged by independent raters on each of four types of assertive statements made by the participant. The results are shown in the table below. Explain these results to a person who fully understands the t test for a single sample but knows nothing about the t test for independent means.
Mean Number of Assertive Statements
Type of Assertive Statement
Group           1         2         3         4   
Men with High Levels    2.14   1.16   3.83   0.14
Men with Low Levels    1.21   1.32   2.33   0.38
t      3.81**    0.89     2.03*   0.58
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  897 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370