s
r
d
l
a
Forest Forest
wrote...
10 years ago
Hi. I have to do quite a big project for my 12th grade biology class. I chose genetics but I am having trouble coming up with a good project to research that is not too advanced but not childish either! Would appreciate any suggestions Slight Smile
Read 428 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
Source  http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/category103.html
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile

Related Topics

wrote...
10 years ago
Quite possibly the easiest way to complete your experiment is to find a mouse breeder who knows the genetics of the mice he/she is selling. I briefly searched on the web and it might be a challenge to find such a breeder, but without knowing what you are buying, I'm not sure how you could be sure of the genetics. (The only exception being, if you were to purchase an albino mouse the genetics would be relatively simple to determine.) And should you purchase an albino mouse and breed it with a mouse without an albino allele (again...might be best to find a breeder for that), then you could Punnett square your way to the offspring genetics and begin your experiment there.

One thing I highly recommend is to limit your mouse characteristics to only one...maybe two...because I imagine that purchasing mice with 4 distinct characteristics is going to cost you a large sum of money.

May I also add that I have not researched mouse genetics in depth and I would recommend that you stick with mice that have traits that are monogenic (due to one gene) rather than polygenic (due to more than one gene). I believe albinism is monogenic (may not be though), but I'm not sure about fur and tail length. Often, high school textbooks simplify the true genetic complexity as to get the fundamental point across.
wrote...
10 years ago
Do the whole Mendel thing, with the peas, etc.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1087 People Browsing
 133 Signed Up Today
Related Images