t
i
r
r
Artin21 Artin21
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Imagine that you are walking into a patient’s room to deliver physical therapy services.  When you introduce yourself, the patient states, “I don’t feel well.  I don’t want to do any physical therapy today.”  What would you do?  Would you try to talk him into participating, even though he has already expressed an desire not to participate?  Defend your answer.
Read 276 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
You want to avoid pressuring the client, so you should attempt to explore the reasons for PT refusal. By establishing a therapeutic rapport, you would be able to address possible reasons for refusal such as fear of pain, lack of confidence in you as a provider, hopelessness, inefficient coping ... If you were able to crystallize the issue, then address it accordingly e.g. Request pain med to be administered prior to PT;  or collaborate w/ client to establish a mutually satisfactory plan. If you were unable to discern the reason(s) for refusal, you should respect the clients wishes. However, prior to leaving you should inform the patient of the reasons for PT and the next scheduled PT session (if you haven't done so already.)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1230 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352