t
i
r
r
Vanessa702 Vanessa702
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Explain what domains are and why those are important levels of classification. Describe the similarities and differences between organisms in the domains keeping in mind that in some ways archaea are as different from bacteria as they are from eukaryotes. Explain briefly how eukaryotes developed as a result of evolution.
Read 397 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
The Three Domain System, developed by Carl Woese, is a system for classifying biological organisms.As scientists learn more about organisms, classification systems change. Genetic sequencing has given researchers a whole new way of analyzing relationships between organisms.
The current system, the Three Domain System, groups organisms primarily based on differences in ribosomal RNA structure. Ribosomal RNA is a molecular building block for ribosomes.

To summarize the similarities and the differences between organisms in the domains, I worked out a table for easy reference. I have attached it with this post.

The development of eukaryotes can be known through the 'Endosymbiotic Theory of Evolution of Eukaryotic Cells'.  If you want a further explanation on this one, let me know. Slight Smile
 Attached file 
(13.33 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
9 years ago
The Three Domain System, developed by Carl Woese, is a system for classifying biological organisms.As scientists learn more about organisms, classification systems change. Genetic sequencing has given researchers a whole new way of analyzing relationships between organisms.
The current system, the Three Domain System, groups organisms primarily based on differences in ribosomal RNA structure. Ribosomal RNA is a molecular building block for ribosomes.

To summarize the similarities and the differences between organisms in the domains, I worked out a table for easy reference. I have attached it with this post.

The development of eukaryotes can be known through the 'Endosymbiotic Theory of Evolution of Eukaryotic Cells'.  If you want a further explanation on this one, let me know. Slight Smile
Thank you ... though I am not Vanessa702.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1285 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79