You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Categories

Homework Help Boards (University / College Level)

Biology-Related

Science-Related

Others

Laboratory Help

Non-Homework Help Boards

Notes

Guidance

Discussion

f_zah1
.clay
top posters

Support Us

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe. You may also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Pages: 2     Go Down
  New Topic  |  more  
topic author
wrote...
Credits: 552
Rep: 

3 years ago
I've got a few more, I hope you don't mind

An important buffer in body fluids is    HCl.    OR      NaCl.      OR      NaHCO3.     OR     NaOH.       OR       H2O. (I think the answer is NaHCO3)

When a small amount of HCl or NaOH is added to a solution of Na2HPO4, the pH of the solution barely changes. Based on these observations, all of the following are true concerning the compound Na2HPO4, except
   Na2HPO4 is able to accept extra hydrogen ions from the HCl.   OR  Na2HPO4 adsorbs excess H+ and OH- directly onto the surface of its crystalline structure.   OR  Na2HPO4 is a salt formed from reacting a strong base with a weak acid.   OR  Na2HPO4 acts as a buffer.   OR  Na2HPO4 is able to donate hydrogen ions to the OH- from NaOH.
(not sure about this one)

Most of the lipid in the human body is in the form of    cholesterol OR diglycerides OR triglycerides OR phospholipids
(I'm not sure but I'm deciding between cholesterol and triglycerides)

A shortage of cholesterol in the body could interfere with the formation of
proteins. OR sex hormones.plasma membranes. OR glycogen. OR both sex hormones and plasma membranes
(I'm not sure about this one either but I'm deciding between proteins and glycogen)

You would expect a peptide bond to link (two amino acids?)

The hydrolysis of ATP yields ADP, phosphate ion, and (AMP?)

Water crosses the plasma membrane primarily by means of   bilayer diffusion OR facilitated diffusion OR active transport OR transmembrane channels (I think the answer is bilayer diffusion but I'm unsure about it)

Imagine two rigid chambers separated by a rigid membrane that is freely permeable to water but impermeable to glucose. Side 1 contains a 10 percent glucose solution and side 2 contains pure water. At equilibrium, what will be the situation?
                                                                                  Water will continue to move from side 1 to side 2.  OR  The hydrostatic pressure will be higher in side 1.  OR  The hydrostatic pressure will be higher in side 2.  OR  Water will continue to move from side 2 to side 1.  OR  No way to tell what the situation will be. (I'm clueless about this one, no idea)

I hope these questions are not too much trouble, I'm happy with whatever help I get given, I appreciate it! Smile
wrote...
Credits: 2803
Rep:  +1162  -5 

3 years ago
andzo, always start a new subject whenever you have a new set of questions.
Donate to keep this website running
✓ Like us on Facebook
✓ Follow us on Twitter
topic author
wrote...
Rep: 

3 years ago
Oh I thought this was the Chemistry of A&P, meaning that it still came under A&P section
wrote...
Credits: 2803
Rep:  +1162  -5 

3 years ago
You're fine to ask it in this board, but you're better off creating a new topic because otherwise most members won't bother reading a topic with 16 replies.
Donate to keep this website running
✓ Like us on Facebook
✓ Follow us on Twitter
topic author
wrote...
Rep: 

3 years ago
Oh, I understand Smile
Pages: 2     Go Up New Topic more
Note: This topic is currently locked from adding new posts. Only administrators and moderators can reply. If you'd like to contribute to this topic, start a new thread and make reference to this one. Otherwise, contact a moderator for more options.

Ask a Question

ask
Click to ask a question. 308 Students and 9 members are standing by to answer all your science and biology homework problems, free.
Related Images
Views
Rating

Views
Rating

Views
Rating