e
s
s
e
hannah20082 hannah20082
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A senior nursing student is doing her community clinical rotation. When visiting a young family to whom she has been assigned, the mother of the 3-year-old child states that her daughter does not feel well.

The nursing student feels her skin, which is warm. She asks the mother if she has taken her temperature to which the mother replies, Yes, I used the same thermometer that was my great-grandmother's; it has been used by my family for years. Her oral temperature was 102.3 F. The most important patient teaching for the nursing student to perform is to discuss: A. the potential for a febrile seizure with this fever.
  B. the need to contact the health care provider as soon as possible.
  C. the dangers of using a mercury thermometer.
  D. isolating the child from her siblings to prevent the spread of infection.
Read 88 times
1 Reply