c
p
M
a
danielarincon26 danielarincon26
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is assisting a patient to bed when the patient says, My chest hurts and my left arm feels numb. What's wrong with me? What is the type and source of data obtained from the patient's complaint?

a. Objective data from a primary source
  b. Objective data from a secondary source
  c. Subjective data from a primary source
  d. Subjective data from a secondary source
Read 88 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
ANS: C
Patients' feelings about a situation or comments about how they are feeling are examples of subjective data. Data shared by a source verbally are considered subjective. Subjective data may be difficult to validate because they cannot be independently and objectively measured. Data collected from medical records, laboratory, and diagnostic test results, or physical assessments are objective. Objective data (i.e., signs) consist of observable information that the nurse gathers on the basis of what can be seen, measured, or tested. Subjective data (i.e., symptoms) are spoken. Primary data consist of information obtained directly from a patient. Secondary data are collected from family members, friends, other health care professionals, or written sources such as medical records and test results.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1186 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion