j
l
d
y
danielarincon26 danielarincon26
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is caring for a patient diagnosed with Lyme disease. The patient tells the nurse, My heart seems to be skipping some beats. My doctor told me to let the nurse know if this happens since it might be a complication of my disease.

The nurse auscultates the heart and confirms the palpitations. Which step of the nursing process does the nurse's action demonstrate?
  a.
  Assessment
  b.
  Planning
  c.
  Implementation
  d.
  Evaluation
Read 122 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
ANS: A
During the assessment step, patient care data are gathered through observation, interviews, and physical assessment. During the planning step of the nursing process, the nurse prioritizes the nursing diagnoses and identifies short- and long-term goals that are realistic, measurable, and patient focused, with specific outcome identification for evaluation purposes. The implementation step includes initiating specific nursing interventions and treatments designed to help the patient achieve established goals or outcomes. In the evaluation step, the nurse determines whether the patient's goals are met, examines the effectiveness of interventions, and decides whether the plan of care should be discontinued, continued, or revised.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1885 People Browsing
 187 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion