× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
ZN ZN
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse teaches a client about the metabolism of the client's tricyclic antidepressant medication. The statement that MOST indicates a need for corrective instruction is:

a. If I have a particularly bad day, I'm supposed to take an extra dose the next morning.
  b. The medication stays working in me even though I just take it once a day.
  c. If I get mixed up and accidentally take a double dose, I need to call the doctor.
  d. The medication would be harmful to my baby if I were to get pregnant while taking it.
Read 63 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
A
Clients stating that they should take an extra dose the next morning if they have a bad day is indicative of the need for corrective instruction. The most critical adverse effect of these medications occurs in cases of accidental or intentional overdose. In some cases, there may be a fatal overdose with the ingestion of only a few days' supply of the drug. Clients should not increase their dosage without being instructed to by their health care provider and should notify their provider if they accidentally ingest a double dosage.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1298 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4