f
b
d
h
Mzw Mzw
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient diagnosed with major depression tells a nurse, My cousin talked about sleep deprivation therapy as a treatment for depression. Can you tell me about it? Which response by the nurse is most therapeutic?

a. Your cousin is right; sleep deprivation is a successful, scientifically based emerging therapy. I can suggest several health care providers who work with the therapy..
  b. That therapy modality is not widely used at this time. It appears that the effects are not permanent, and there needs to be more scientific research done to prove its value..
  c. Sleep deprivation therapy appears useful only when a patient is taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) type of antidepressant in conjunction with the therapy..
  d. Yes, the literature shows that this is a very promising therapy for a majority of patients with depression, and many clinical research studies are now under way to investigate this further..
Read 68 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
AngieWondersAngieWonders
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free