e
s
s
e
SoleilQuiles SoleilQuiles
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient says, I have taken megadoses of vitamin E for 3 months to improve my circulation, but I think I feel worse. Which action should the nurse take first?

a. Explain to the patient that megadoses may be harmful and advise caution.
  b. Assess the patient for symptoms and signs of toxicity from excess vitamin exposure.
  c. Assess for signs of circulatory integrity to determine whether improvement has occurred.
  d. Educate the patient that research has not shown that megadoses of vitamins produce benefits.
Read 56 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
ANS: B
Megadoses of many vitamins, especially when taken over long periods, may produce dangerous side effects or toxicity. The priority for the nurse is to assess for signs of any dangerous consequences of the patient's use of such a regimen. Secondary interventions would include patient education about research findings related to the practice, along with any benefits and undesired effects associated with the practice. A health care provider should also assess the patient for cardiovascular concerns.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1104 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 436