t
i
r
r
mynekaowens11 mynekaowens11
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A young female member in a therapy group says to an older female member, You are just like my mother, always trying to control me with your observations and suggestions. Which therapeutic factor of a group is evident by this behavior?

a. Instillation of hope
  b. Existential resolution
  c. Development of socializing techniques
  d. Corrective recapitulation of the primary family group
Read 57 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
ANS: D
The younger patient is demonstrating an emotional attachment to the older patient that mirrors patterns within her own family of origin, a phenomenon called corrective recapitulation of the primary family group. Feedback from the group then helps the member gain insight about this behavior and leads to more effective ways of relating to her family members. Instillation of hope involves conveying optimism and sharing progress. Existential resolution refers to the realization that certain existential experiences such as death are part of life, aiding the adjustment to such realities. Development of socializing techniques involves gaining social skills through the group's feedback and practice within the group.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1415 People Browsing
 123 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion