f
b
d
h
dennagla dennagla
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Family B:  Non-syndromic deafness generally occurs due to a mutation in a single gene.  The mutation has been identified in all living affected family members in the Family B pedigree below.  Filled symbols indicate affected individuals; unfilled symbols indicate unaffected individuals.

Based on the information in the pedigree of Family B, is inheritance of this hearing loss trait consistent with an autosomal dominant or autosomal recessive pattern? (Tip:  assume autosomal dominant and assign genotypes of affected and unaffected individuals, then assume autosomal recessive and assign genotypes of affected and unaffected individuals.)
So my question is how do i figure out the genotypes for each one and also how do you tell if it is x-linked recessive or dominant? i'm attaching the picture of the pedigree, thank you!
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 503 times
1 Reply