m
s
c
k
Manddiiee28 Manddiiee28
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A new nurse on the orthopedic unit makes a medication error. Which statements by the nurse manager foster a safe environment in which nurses will report medication errors?

1. Many of us have made a medication error in our careers. The most important issue is to identify why the error occurred.
  2. I know you could not feel any worse than you already do. We need to discuss how this error happened and how we can prevent it from happening again.
  3. It's really good that your patient is okay and did not suffer any harmful effects of this error. We should discuss why this error occurred and how it can be prevented in the future.
  4. Because you are a new nurse, we should sit down and discuss the procedure you followed to see what you could have done to prevent this error.
  5. We need to sit down as soon as possible and write up an incident report describing everything you did incorrectly that caused this error.
Read 58 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
kgorman1kgorman1
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 250 words.