s
a
t
i
r
biochicka biochicka
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm not expecting all of the answers, but if anyone can give me an answer for at least one or two of these it would be greatly appreciated.

Question: Match the following statements based on the similarities and differences between chemiosmosis in photosynthesis and chemiosmosis in cellular respiration.

a) Chemiosmosis occurs at the beginning of photosynthesis, while it becomes the last step in cellular respiration.
b) Phosphorylation (the addition of phosphate to ADP) occurs as a result of the movement of hydrogen ions across the membrane through ATP synthase
c) Hydrogen ions build up as a result of the electron transport chain
d) Protons diffuse from high concentrations to low concentrations.
e) A fewer number of molecules of ATP are formed in cellular respiration due to chemiosmosis
f) Hydrogen ions build up as a result of the glycolysis.
g) The ATP produced as a result of chemiosmosis in photosynthesis is only used to fuel the light-independent reactions of photosynthesis while the ATP produced as a result of chemiosmosis in cellular respiration is for all cellular metabolic activity.
h) A greater number of molecules of ATP are formed in cellular respiration due to chemiosmosis.
i) Electrons diffuse from high concentrations to low concentrations.
j) Glucose is oxidized in cellular respiration while water is oxidized in photosynthesis, which provides some of the hydrogen ions.

1. similarities
2. differences
3. Neither
Read 1471 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
habibahabiba
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 160 words.
zenwhority,  danielakhm,  pchawla
Ask another question, I may be able to help!