c
p
M
a
alrivera31 alrivera31
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Attention is usually seen as a limited cognitive resource - we only have so much of it. It can be divided into more than one task, but this can produce deterioration of performance> I assume that all of you have cell phones, text messaging, iPods, etc. I am also assuming that you have used these while driving. Tell us whether you feel you are spreading your attention too thin - that is, is your driving suffering? (Be honest) Please feel free to recount a particular episode that may show you were not driving at your best.
The state legislature is currently considering banning the use of cell phone, text messaging (that one is a done deal, sorry) while driving - for ALL drivers, probably effective Jan. 1. Exceptions are allowed only for calling out in emergencies (to police, fire, ambulance). Do you think this is good or bad? How do you think it will affect you personally?
Read 301 times
1 Reply