r
d
l
a
bevywevy bevywevy
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a very visible group whose main focus is to educate the public about the harm caused by drunk drivers. A study was recently done that emphasized the problem we all face with drinking and driving. Five hundred accidents that occurred on a Saturday night were analyzed. Two items noted were the number of vehicles involved and whether alcohol played a role in the accident. The numbers are shown below:
                                                          Number of Vehicles Involved
Did alcohol play a role?
Yes
No

Given alcohol was involved, what proportion of accidents involved a single vehicle?
Read 9409 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a very visible group whose main focus is to educate the public about the harm caused by drunk drivers.  A study was recently done that emphasized the problem we all face with drinking and driving.  Five hundred accidents that occurred on a Saturday night were analyzed.  Two items noted were the number of vehicles involved and whether alcohol played a role in the accident.  The numbers are shown below:

Number of Vehicles Involved
Did alcohol play a role?   1   2   3   Totals
Yes   60   110   30   200
No   40   215   45   300
Totals   100   325   75   500

51.      {Drunk Driver Narrative} What proportion of accidents involved more than one vehicle?

ANSWER:
      400/500 or .80

52.      {Drunk Driver Narrative} What proportion of accidents involved alcohol and single vehicle?

ANSWER:
      60/500 or .12

53.      {Drunk Driver Narrative} What proportion of accidents involved alcohol or a single vehicle?

ANSWER:
      240/500 or .48

54.      {Drunk Driver Narrative} Given alcohol was involved, what proportion of accidents involved a single vehicle?

ANSWER:
      60/200 or .30

55.      {Drunk Driver Narrative}  Given that multiple vehicles were involved, what proportion of accidents involved alcohol?

ANSWER:
      140/400 or .35

56.      {Drunk Driver Narrative}  Given that 3 vehicles were involved, what proportion of accidents involved alcohol?

ANSWER:
      30/75 or .40

57.      {Drunk Driver Narrative}  Given that alcohol was not involved, what proportion of the accidents were single vehicle?

ANSWER:
      40/300 or .133

58.      {Drunk Driver Narrative}   Given that alcohol was not involved, what proportion of the accidents were multiple vehicle?

ANSWER:
      260/300 or .867

When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
9 years ago
I think MADD is quite a nice initiative and more mothers should join and educate their children what havoc a DUI charge can have in their life. My friend works with a DUI attorney Los Angeles and often tell me how DUI destroy people’s life.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1167 People Browsing
 108 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586