j
l
d
y
Javi42078 Javi42078
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which parental statements indicate correct understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the infant's mouth, nose, and throat? Select all that apply.

1. My baby will breathe through her mouth during the first 3 months of life.
  2. When my baby has a cold she may have trouble with bottle feedings.
  3. My baby's tonsils will be largest during infancy.
  4. I should expect my baby's first tooth to erupt during the first 6 months of life.
  5. I should expect my baby to lose her first tooth during the first year of life.
Textbook 
Maternal & Child Nursing Care

Maternal & Child Nursing Care

Edition: 5th
Authors:
Read 84 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
2, 4
Explanation:
1. Infants are nose breathers through the first 6 months of life. This statement indicates the need for further education.
2. Infants often have difficulty with oral feedings when the nasal passage is blocked. This statement indicates correct understanding.
3. The size of the tonsils for the pediatric population varies; however, the tonsils are largest during school-age, not infancy. This statement indicates the need for further education.
4. First teeth often erupt during the first 6 months of life. This statement indicates correct understanding.
5. Children are not expected to lose teeth during infancy. This statement indicates the need for further education.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1454 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 488