a
t
i
r
getsomelanaa getsomelanaa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
hello so for lab i need to come up an idea for an ecological footprint.

here is what my instructor said : OVERVIEW:
Ecological footprint calculates human’s demands on the planet by comparing human
consumption against the Earth’s regenerative biocapacity. This is done by measuring the area
needed to produce the resources that people consume, the area occupied by infrastructure, and
the area of forest needed for sequestering CO2 that is not absorbed by the ocean. In this project,
you will be identifying/measuring your ecological footprint and the environmental impact that it
causes. The project is intended to encourage you to apply your science skills and knowledge that
you learned to discover, understand the world around and to use your knowledge to live a better
lifestyle that promotes sustainability and eco friendliness.

1. Energy consumption
A. Transportation
B. Industrial consumption
C. Residential consumption
2. Water consumption
3. Food consumption
4. Waste production

for example, if we dont want people to litter, the group needs to go on each block or so lets say on fifth avenue and count how many trash bins they have on each street, the more bins they have less trash on the ground there will be, the less trash bins they have the more trash they will have.

please i need help Frowning Face !!!! need something cool and fun!
Read 1513 times
3 Replies