I
k
j
o
nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
I started taking Loestrin about 2 months ago I stopped 3 weeks ago when i needed to start new pack and I still havent gotten a menstrual. I just spot bleed the whole time I was on it. I always felt sick on it and gained 5 pounds. I feel bloated, tired, and crampy all the time since I have been off of it. I have been using backup since I got off of it. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all are negative. The only thing keeping me calm right now is that when i get pregnant I suffer from hyperemesis, and at this point I dont have that. ANy advice or suggestions what is going on?? I wont mind having another baby but I will be worried about tetragenic effects on my baby.
Read 1827 times
12 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Don't you think going to a gynecologist would be the most logical thing to do...? I mean, after all that's what they're there for..
wrote...
12 years ago
Don't you think going to a gynecologist would be the most logical thing to do...? I mean, after all that's what they're there for..

Please, if you don't have anything sensible to add, don't attempt. And Nini, you said:

I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all are negative.

This should be enough to tell you that you're not pregnant.

I wont mind having another baby but I will be worried about tetragenic effects on my baby.

What kind of teratogenic effects are you worried about? Are you a typical drinker?
wrote...
12 years ago
i think seeing a doctor will be the best option.wish you luck.
wrote...
12 years ago
i think seeing a doctor will be the best option.wish you luck.

Not necessarily, medical care in the states is expensive and typically you can treat your conditions with some good advice, especially one whose in medical school Slight Smile
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
Tetragonic effects from birth control medications. I didn;t mention my blood work from my gno gave back negative but they said it may be too early  to detect. Please dont comment unless you have some knowledge or want to learn from these posts.
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Please dont comment unless you have some knowledge or want to learn from these posts.

That's true, and this is what a discussion board is for. How many times have we been on Google and we find an answer to our question because someone else has asked it before. There are probably many people out there who are experiencing this same thing and would like to learn more or even contribute. Why withhold that knowledge only to professionals sitting in offices, why not make the whole world knowledgeable.

Nini, read this and tell me your opinion:

Before the introduction of low dose preparations, first trimester exposure to oral contraceptives was with birth defects (Thorogood et al, 1993). These birth defects involved the vertebrae, anus, heart, trachea, esophagus, kidney and limbs (VACTERL syndrome) (Nora et al,1976). Most of these studies were retrospective and have been criticized for recall bias (Kricker et al, 1986). There have been a number of well-controlled, unbiased epidemiologic studies refuting the association of oral contraceptives and birth defects (Bracken et al, 1978; Oakley at al, 1973; Lammer at al, 1986). The data from these studies failed to find any increased risk of birth defects after exposure to oral contraceptives.

Studies evaluating the effects of progestin exposure during pregnancy found masculinization of female fetuses resulting in pseudohermaphroditism. One study estimated that 1% of exposed fetuses are masculinized (Schardein, 1980). Most cases of masculinization require that the exposure to progestins occur between the eighth to tenth week of development. Prenatal exposure to oral contraceptives has also been associated with male genital anomalies, specifically hypospadias. However, a recent study that evaluated the prenatal histories of over 2000 males with hypospadias did not find an association with the use of oral contraceptives (Kallen et al, 1991).

Currently, an increased risk of birth defects associated with oral contraceptives is less likely because current preparations have such low doses and the new synthetic progestins have an increased progesterone receptor specificity. Since the introduction of lower dose oral contraceptives and improved synthetic progestins, only a small series of prospective cohort and case controlled studies have looked at the possible risks associated with the use of oral contraceptives during pregnancy (Simpson et al, 1990; Wilson et al, 1981; Wiseman et al, 1984). These studies were unable to find any evidence of teratogenicity in association with oral contraceptives or progestins in appropriate doses. Time and further investigation of lower dose oral contraceptives is required, however, to substantiate these preliminary findings.
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
Bioman: AS a nursing student I have seen way too many females that get pregnant while on birth control & their babies suffer from down syndrome, cleft lips, missing limbs, fingers, ect. 9out 10 have no family history of any. This is the reason why I get scared.
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
down syndrome

Down syndrome takes place prior to conception, Nini, it is a result of incomplete meiosis.
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
Down syndrome takes place prior to conception, Nini, it is a result of incomplete meiosis.
[/quote]REALLY?? I havent really studied it, just from what I've heard. I see alot of down syndrome people. Frowning Face
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
DJ
wrote...
12 years ago
@Nini: Some are very high function and live a normal lifestyle.
wrote...
12 years ago
I would see a doctor, I have thyroid problems and the pregnancy test don't work on me because of it. It could be something else that is messing up your periods, like stress.
wrote...
12 years ago
 :hey:The article is presented by HomeworkEasy experts out of five years of stead fast dedication to help students with their biology assignments, homework and projects. Origins of biology as a field are expounded and the academic possibilities are briefed. The spicy narration oh the diversification of the filed onto academic and applicable fusion streams are listed as a means to help pre-collegiate students to choose the field of study to suit their interest in biology.  Service options available online are outlined to guide pursuing grads. Survey stats from educational researchers are quoted to enhance the knowledge of readers and illuminate them to one of the most ancient fields of human intelligence.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  864 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 80

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?