t
i
r
r
Jr1308 Jr1308
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A client with lung cancer has a lobectomy of the left lung and is returned to the recovery room with a chest tube connected to a closed, underwater-seal drainage system.

The nurse observes that the system is functioning correctly when he or she notes that the pressure in the suction con-trol chamber of the systems remains at ____________________ pressure.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

A client who is to receive external radiation therapy asks the nurse why the cancer cells in his body are so harmful.

The nurse responds that a characteristic found in all cancer cells, called ____________________, allows the cells to reproduce in a different manner that is harmful to the healthy body tissues.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Identify the assessment found by a nurse on a client who is admitted with a possible accidental overdose of imipramine (Tofranil) that would require the most immediate intervention.

a. Depressed deep tendon reflexes and Glasgow Coma Scale of 11
  b. Sinus tachycardia of 128 with a QRS complex of 0.14 second
  c. Ecchymotic areas on arms and an HCT of 33
  d. Distended abdomen and decreased bowel sounds

A client with severe anxiety is being treated with lorazepam (Ativan) and outpatient therapy. Which statement indicates that the client requires additional discharge instructions for this medi-cation?

a. If I become drowsy or have blurred vi-sion, I need to stop the medication imme-diately.
  b. This medication can be habit forming, so I should take it only as directed.
  c. I need to add foods such as fresh fruits and grain to my diet.
  d. If I get a cold I should check with my primary health-care provider before taking cold medicines.
Read 86 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
ShmartboiShmartboi
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 5 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free