× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
H0602x H0602x
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse manager is conducting a performance review with a nurse who has worked on the unit for 10 years. During the review, the nurse begins to cry and tells the manager, I just can't do this anymore.

I can't sleep because I have such bad nightmares about patients. I can't eat and I've already lost 15 pounds. The nurse manager identifies these findings as being possible signs of which problem? 1. Moral distress
  2. Too much focus on the patient
  3. Developing incompetence
  4. Problems at home

The nurse believes that a physician's order written at the end of a shift is contrary to the accepted standard of care and could potentially harm the patient. What should the nurse do?

1. Ask the nurse manager what to do.
  2. the physician regarding the order.
  3. Let the next shift make the decision regarding implementation of the order.
  4. Complete the order as directed.

The nurse is providing care for a patient who was just diagnosed with diabetes mellitus. Which statements reflect this nurse's use of the values-based decision model in this situation?

Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.
  Select all that apply.
  1. Tell me about what foods are important to your family celebrations.
  2. Let me help you select your lunch menu as I know you are not familiar with your diet yet.
  3. You can make the decision of when you want to take your daily oral medication dose.
  4. I have written down several websites that will provide accurate information about your disease.
  5. Is there anything you want me to talk to your physician about today?

The patient who has been diagnosed with metastatic cancer declines chemotherapy treatments. The nurse assists this patient in explaining this position to other health care providers. What advocacy model is this nurse exemplifying?

1. Patient advocate model
  2. Values-based decision model
  3. Rights protection model
  4. Jurisprudence model
Textbook 
Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing

Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 172 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
ZheroZhero
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 170 words.