k
m
c
o
kenzz8 kenzz8
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient who is just beginning to use homeopathy to treat depression is concerned because symptoms are actually becoming worse with increasing sadness, anxiety, and fatigue.

The practitioner of homeopathy bases teaching on the Law of Cure and instructs the patient to:
  a. discontinue the therapy and seek another alternative therapy.
  b. concentrate the preparation to increase its potency in hopes to improve depressive symptoms.
  c. increase the dosage of the substance to increase its effectiveness.
  d. remain on the current regimen since worsening is a positive sign that healing is occurring.

A patient states, My cancer is in remission finally after all that chemotherapy, my friend used the same chemotherapy and wasn't so lucky.

I want to continue participating in spiritual care and mind games' to keep my memory intact. I am also enrolled in Tai chi, but I just can't stop thinking about my sick lung. This patient adheres to which principle underlying alternative healing?
  a. A negative alteration in the body produces a parallel effect on the mind and spirit.
  b. The body can heal itself with the help of complementary alternative therapies.
  c. Approaches to therapy are individualized.
  d. There is a focus on the total lifestyle.

During an admission history and physical, a female patient states, I use 5000 mg/day of calcium to prevent osteoporosis and to maintain health. The nurse should assess for:

a. excessive bleeding.
  b. kidney stones.
  c. lower blood sugar.
  d. jaundice.

A patient informs the nurse, I burn a lavender-scented candle for an hour before bedtime to help me relax and sleep. The nurse realizes this patient is using:

a. the mind-body intervention of aromatherapy.
  b. an energy technique known as qi gong.
  c. the manipulative method using the Alexander technique.
  d. conventional medicine, also called allopathic.
Read 51 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
shy;shy;
wrote...
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 300 words.