b
c
R
c
Tamera Tamera
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Will the full moon's rising time for an observer at 40N on February 1 be the same, earlier, or later than the rising time for an observer at the equator?

[Ques. 2] Two long, straight wires cross each other at a right angle, and each carries the same current I (Fig. OQ30.5). Which of the following statements is true regarding the total magnetic field due to the two wires at the various points in the figure? More than one statement may be correct.

1.The field is strongest at points B and D.
  2.The field is strongest at points A and C.
  3.The field is out of the page at point B and into the page at point D.
  4.The field is out of the page at point C and out of the page at point D.
  5.The field has the same magnitude at all four points.

[Ques. 3] For an observer at the equator, what will be the time the full moon rises on February 1?

[Ques. 4] Assuming the Moon actually travels in the same plane as the ecliptic, how many total lunar eclipses would occur each year? How many total solar eclipses?

[Ques. 5] Two long, parallel wires each carry the same current I in the same direction (Fig. OQ30.4). The total magnetic field at the point P midway between the wires is:

1.zero.
  2.directed into the page.
  3.directed out of the page.
  4.directed to the left.
  5.directed to the right?

[Ques. 6] In this experiment, what is the maximum possible error in degrees that could be made in deter mining the Moon's altitude by assuming the Moon traveled in the same plane as the ecliptic?

[Ques. 7] Suppose you are facing a tall makeup mirror on a vertical wall. Fluorescent tubes framing the mirror carry a clockwise electric current. What is the direction of the field the current creates at a point on the wall outside the frame to the right?
  1.left
  2.right
  3.horizontally toward you
  4.horizontally away from you
  5.no direction because the field has zero magnitude

[Ques. 8] Is it possible to see a waxing crescent moon on the overhead meridian at 10 A.M. local time? How about at 4 P.M. local time? Explain your answers.

[Ques. 9] Suppose you are facing a tall makeup mirror on a vertical wall. Fluorescent tubes framing the mirror carry a clockwise electric current. What is the direction of the magnetic field created by that current at the center of the mirror?
  1.left
  2.right
  3.horizontally toward you
  4.horizontally away from you
  5.no direction because the field has zero magnitude

[Ques. 10] During what month will the full moon achieve its maximum altitude, as observed from Wash ington, D.C. (39N)? When will it have its minimum altitude?
Read 65 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wert123wert123
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.