e
s
s
e
SpacySmol SpacySmol
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Two objects with different sizes, masses, and temperatures are placed in thermal contact. Choose the best answer. Energy travels
  1.from the larger object to the smaller object.
  2.from the object with more mass to the one with less mass.
  3.from the object at higher temperature to the object at lower temperature.

[Ques. 2] You observe two helium balloons floating next to each other at the ends of strings secured to a table. The facing surfaces of the balloons are separated by 1-2 cm. You blow through the opening between the balloons. What happens to the balloons?
  1.They move toward each other.
  2.They move away from each other.
  3.They are unaffected.

[Ques. 3] The density of lead is greater than that of iron, and both are denser than water. Compared to a solid iron object of the same dimensions, the buoyant force acting on a solid lead object is<--EndFragment--> be
  1.greater.
  2.equal.
  3.less.

[Ques. 4] Atmospheric pressure varies from day to day. The level of a floating ship on a high-pressure day is
  1.higher.
  2.lower.
  3.no different than on a low-pressure day.

[Ques. 5] Blood pressure is normally measured with the cuff of the sphygmomanometer around the arm. Suppose that the blood pressure is measured with the cuff around the calf of the leg of a standing person. The reading of the blood pressure will be
  1.the same here as it is for the arm.
  2.less than it is for the arm.
  3.greater than it is for the arm.

[Ques. 6] Several common barometers are built using a variety of fluids. For which fluid will the column of fluid in the barometer be the highest?

[Ques. 7] The pressure at the bottom of a glass filled with water ( = 1 000 kg/m3) is P. The water is poured out and the glass is filled with ethyl alcohol ( = 806 kg/m3). The pressure at the bottom of the glass is now
  1.smaller than P.
  2.equal to P.
  3.larger than P.
  4.indeterminate.

[Ques. 8] Suppose you have one cubic meter of gold, two cubic meters of silver, and six cubic meters of aluminum. Rank them by mass, from smallest to largest.
  1.gold, aluminum, silver
  2.gold, silver, aluminum
  3.aluminum, gold, silver
  4.silver, aluminum, gold

[Ques. 9] A horizontal disk with moment of inertia I1 rotates with angular speed 1 about a vertical frictionless axle. A second horizontal disk, with moment of inertia I2 drops onto the first, initially not rotating but sharing the same axis as the first disk. Because their surfaces are rough, the two disks eventually reach the same angular speed . The ratio /1 is equal to
  1. I1 / I2
  2. I2 / I1
  3. I1 / (I1 + I2)
  4. I2 / (I1 + I2)

[Ques. 10] Two spheres, one hollow and one solid, are rotating with the same angular speed around an axis through their centers. Both spheres have the same mass and radius. Which sphere, if either, has the higher rotational kinetic energy?
  1.the hollow sphere
  2.the solid sphere
  3.They have the same kinetic energy.1
Read 66 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
raven2illraven2ill
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free