a
t
i
r
Bowhunter522 Bowhunter522
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago

A roller-coaster car has a mass of 500 kg when fully loaded with passengers. The car passes over a hill of radius 15 m, as shown. At the top of the hill, the car has a speed of 8.0 m/s. What is the force of the track on the car at the top of the hill?

a.
  7.0 kN up

b.
  7.0 kN down

c.
  2.8 kN down

d.
  2.8 kN up

e.
  5.6 kN down

[Ques. 2] A 6.00-kg block is placed on a 30.0 incline and connected to another block on a 36.87 incline. Although the surfaces are frictionless the blocks do not move. What is the mass in kilograms of the block on the 36.87 incline?

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

[Ques. 3] A catcher arranges to catch a baseball dropped from a height 50 m above his glove. However, his friends substitute a soft 250 g red grapefruit, so that it will smash apart when he catches it. His glove stops the grapefruit in 0.010 s. What force does the glove exert on the grapefruit?

a.
  0.078 3 N

b.
  783 N

c.
  2 450 N

d.
  24 500 N

e.
  78 300 N

[Ques. 4] Two experiments are performed. In (A), an 18.0-N force pushes horizontally on a 2.00-kg block that then pushes on a 4.00-kg block. In (B), an 18.0-N force pushes on a 4.00-kg block that then pushes on a 2.00-kg block. Which statement is correct?

a.
  The acceleration is 3.00 m/s2 in both (A) and (B).

b.
  The acceleration is 4.50 m/s2 in both (A) and (B).

c.
  The acceleration is 6.00 m/s2 in both (A) and (B).

d.
  The acceleration is 9.00 m/s2 in both (A) and (B).

e.
  The 2.00-kg block has a 9.00 m/s2 acceleration. The 4.00-kg block has a 4.50 m/s2 acceleration.

[Ques. 5]

Two bodies, A and B, collide as shown in Figures I and II below.

Which statement is true?

a.
  They exert equal and opposite forces on each other in I but not in II.

b.
  They exert equal and opposite force on each other in II but not in I.

c.
  They exert equal and opposite force on each other in both I and II.

d.
  The forces are equal and opposite to each other in I, but only the components of the forces parallel to the velocities are equal in II.

e.
  The forces are equal and opposite in I, but only the components of the forces perpendicular to the velocities are equal in II

[Ques. 6] book is placed on a chair. Then a videocassette is placed on the book. The floor exerts a normal force

a.
  on all three.

b.
  only on the book.

c.
  only on the chair.

d.
  upwards on the chair and downwards on the book.

e.
  only on the objects that you have defined to be part of the system.

[Ques. 7] Two identical springs with spring constant 50 N/m support a 5.0-N weight as in the picture below. What is the tension in spring A?

a.
  1.45 N

b.
  2.50 N

c.
  2.89 N

d.
  3.75 N

e.
  5.00 N

[Ques. 8]

In the figure, the coefficient of kinetic friction between the surface and the larger block is 0.20, and the coefficient of kinetic friction between the surface and the smaller block is 0.30. If F = 10 N and M = 1.0 kg, what is the tension in the connecting string?

a.
  8.0 N

b.
  6.0 N

c.
  6.7 N

d.
  8.7 N

e.
  3.0 N

[Ques. 9] Two blocks connected by a string are pulled across a horizontal surface by a force applied to one of the blocks, as shown. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the blocks and the surface is 0.25. If each block has an acceleration of 2.0 m/s2 to the right, what is the magnitude F of the applied force?

a.
  25 N

b.
  18 N

c.
  11 N

d.
  14 N

e.
  7.0 N

[Ques. 10]

Two blocks are accelerated across a horizontal frictionless surface as shown. Frictional forces keep the two blocks from sliding relative to each other, and the two move with the same acceleration. If F = 1.2 N and M = 1.0 kg, what is the horizontal component (frictional force) of the force of the small block on the large block?

a.
  0.48 N to the right

b.
  0.72 N to the right

c.
  0.72 N to the left

d.
  0.48 N to the left

e.
  0.65 N to the left
Read 76 times
3 Replies