t
i
r
r
queeny queeny
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A police officer is questioning a witness to a sexual assault and asks, How much did Anne have to drink while in your bar? The witness replies with his hands on his chin and says, I served her four or five martinis. I can't say for sure. We could check the surveillance cameras.
  What conclusion can the investigator draw from the witness's behavior and answer?

A) The witness is probably being truthful.
  B) The witness is definitely being truthful.
  C) The witness does not understand the question and is stalling.
  D) The witness is probably lying.

(Question #2) A police officer is interrogating a suspect in a white collar crime case where several hundred thousand dollars are suspected to have been stolen. When asked if knows anything about the missing money, the suspect puts his hands over his mouth and says, I don't know what you're talking about.
  What conclusion can the investigator draw from the suspect's behavior and answer?

A) The suspect is probably being truthful.
  B) The suspect is definitely being truthful.
  C) The suspect does not understand the question and is stalling.
  D) The suspect is probably lying.

(Question #3) What does the research say about eye behavior as an indicator of lying during interrogations?

A) Eye aversion to the left indicates deception.
  B) Eye aversion to the right indicates deception.
  C) Almost all scientific evidence says that eye behavior or gaze aversion CANNOT gauge truthfulness reliably.
  D) Each subject must be evaluated singularly to determine which eye gaze aversion is indicating deception.

(Question #4) After an investigation into a white collar crime of theft, a married man with three older children is arrested. The investigator thinks that the suspect may be affected by an emotional appeal, so the interrogator speaks in low tones, and includes expressions of concern and understanding for the suspect, his or her spouse, children, business, and so on.
  Which interrogation style is the investigator using?

A) Logical style
  B) Sympathetic style
  C) Indifferent style
  D) Face-saving style
Read 48 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bubsjhoff128bubsjhoff128
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago