I
k
j
o
Geazy Geazy
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following NPPV interface problems can be alleviated by altering the patient-ventilator interface? I. rhinorrhea II. erythema III. claustrophobia IV. nasal congestion

A. I, IV only
  B. II, III only
  C. I, II, III only
  D. I, II, III, IV

Q. 2  The therapist is about to establish bilevel NPPV on a patient who has COPD and has a spontaneous respiratory rate of 14 breaths/minute. Which of the following initial ventilator settings are appropriate for this patient? I. Adjust the sensitivity setting to enable pressure triggering. II. Set an IPAP of 12 cm H2O and an EPAP of 6 cm H2O. III. Institute a backup respiratory rate of 16 breaths/minute. IV. Initiate a PPEP of 10 cm H2O.

A. I, II only
  B. II, III only
  C. I, II, III only
  D. I, II, IV only

Q. 3  Which of the following types of negative pressure ventilators consists of an impermeable nylon jacket suspended by a rigid chest piece that fits over the chest and abdomen?

A. chest cuirass
  B. abdominal displacement ventilator
  C. wrap ventilator
  D. iron lung

Q. 4  The therapist is setting up a noninvasive positive-pressure ventilator and wants to minimize the degree of rebreathing that tends to occur because the ventilator incorporates a single tube breathing circuit. How can the therapist accomplish this goal?

A. by using an EPAP of less than 4 cm H2O
  B. by employing a breathing circuit that has an in-circuit valve
  C. by selecting a ventilator that has a preset leak specific to the ventilator
  D. by incorporating a mask that houses an in-mask exhalation port

Q. 5  The therapist is about to institute NPPV on a patient who is experiencing respiratory distress. At the same time, the therapist would like for this patient to verbally communicate when possible. Which of the following interfaces would most likely accommodate this form of communication?

A. oronasal
  B. helmet
  C. mouthpiece
  D. nasal
Read 11 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
brandelynbrandelyn
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago