u
A
B
j
madisenjames madisenjames
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
During assist-control ventilation with flow as the control variable, identify the variable responsible for cycling.

A. time
  B. pressure
  C. volume
  D. flow

Q. 2  While attending to a mechanically ventilated patient, the therapist observes the ventilator graphics displayed below. What type of patient-ventilator dyssynchrony problem is this patient experiencing?

A. flow-waveform triggering
  B. ineffective triggering
  C. auto-triggering
  D. behavioral feedback

Q. 3  The therapist is delivering assist-control ventilation providing a constant VT to a patient experiencing ineffective triggering. The therapist also notes that expiratory flow fails to return to baseline before the initiation of the next mandatory breath. What should the therapist do at this time to correct this problem?

A. Increase the inspiratory flow.
  B. Institute an inspiratory pause.
  C. Conduct an expiratory pause maneuver.
  D. Shorten the expiratory time.

Q. 4  As the therapist works with a mechanically ventilated patient, he notices that the ventilator is auto-triggering. What should the therapist do to eliminate this problem? I. Add water to the heated humidifier. II. Check the patient-ventilator system for leaks. III. Scrutinize the breathing circuit for the accumulation of condensate. IV. Ensure that the high-pressure alarm is appropriately set

A. I, II only
  B. II, III only
  C. I, III, IV only
  D, I, II, IV only

Q. 5  The therapist is establishing mechanical ventilation on a patient and intends to use flow-waveform triggering as the triggering mechanism. To which of the following problems does the therapist need to be perceptive?

A. auto-triggering
  B. dynamic hyperinflation
  C. ineffective triggering
  D. auto-cycling

Q. 6  Which of the following terms or expressions describes the presence of end-expiratory lung volume above the passive functional residual capacity?

A. elastance
  B. compliance
  C. dynamic hyperinflation
  D. patient-ventilator dyssynchrony
Read 61 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
cryptokidcryptokid
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 790 words.