c
p
M
a
Ih8hw Ih8hw
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
An electrical current is influenced by which of the following?

1. Voltage
  2. Resistance
  3. Electromotive forces
  4. The number of insulators
  a. 1 and 2 c. 3 and 4
  b. 2 and 4 d. 1, 2, 3, and 4

Q. 2  A series circuit contains a total resistance of 100. If the circuit has three resistors and one of the resistors is 40 , what is the combined resistance of the last two resistors?

a. 60 c. 140
  b. 2.5 d. 0.04

Q. 3  A major disadvantage of a series circuit is which of the following?

a. It is limited to one load.
  b. It can contain unlimited resistance.
  c. Electrical current will stop if a break oc-curs anywhere along the path.
  d. The circuit will remain up if a break occurs in one of the branches.

Q. 4  The standard unit of measure of an electrical current is which of the following?

a. Milliampere c. Ampere
  b. Coulomb d. Volt

Q. 5  Which of the following correctly expresses Ohm's law?

a. R = I  V c. I = V  R
  b. V = I R d. V = I/R

Q. 6  According to Ohm's law, assuming that the voltage is held constant, what will happen to the re-sistance if the current is doubled?

a. It will remain the same. c. It will quadruple.
  b. It will be doubled. d. It will be halved.

Q. 7  Electricity can be represented by the flow of which of the following?

a. Negative ions through a nonconductive path
  b. Negative ions over a nonconductive circuit
  c. Electrons through a piece of copper wire
  d. Electrons in a bidirectional path
Read 47 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
(Answer to Q. 1)  ANS: A
Electrical currents are influenced by voltage (the electromotive force pushing electrons forward) and the resistance electrons must overcome along the conductive pathway. An insulator is the material surrounding the conductive material and is usually made of plastic.

(Answer to Q. 2)  ANS: A
According to Kirchhoff's laws regarding series circuits, total resistance is equal to the sum of all resistors in the circuit. If the circuit has three resistors, total resistance = A + B + C. Therefore, 100 = A + B + C. If one resistor is 40 , then 100 = 40 + B + C and the sum of B + C must equal 60 .

(Answer to Q. 3)  ANS: C
In a series circuit, there is only one path. If a break occurs anywhere in the path, the entire circuit will fail.

(Answer to Q. 4)  ANS: C
The standard unit of measurement of electrical current is the ampere (A), where 1A is equivalent to 6.25  1018 electrons passing a point in 1 second. The term coulomb is used as a shorthand no-tation for 6.25  1018 electrons. The standard unit of measurement for voltage is the volt (V). A milliampere is equal to 0.001 A.

(Answer to Q. 5)  ANS: B
The relationships among current, voltage, and resistance can be explained with Ohm's law: V = I  R.

(Answer to Q. 6)  ANS: D
Given the fact that when resistance is constant, there is a direct relationship between voltage and current; when voltage is constant, there is an indirect or inverse relationship between current and resistance. Therefore, if current is increased, resistance would have to decrease proportionately.

(Answer to Q. 7)  ANS: C
Electricity is produced by the flow of electrons through a conductive material such as copper. Electricity cannot flow through nonconductive material or simultaneously run bidirectionally along the same path.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1157 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 302

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?