i
d
d
J
jouranngreen108 jouranngreen108
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An active learner will use feedback from the instructor to make connections between assignments.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 2

Student writers should set general, non-specific goals when creating a study plan.

Ques. 3

The following sentence contains an essential clause: The bouncer checking IDs at the door is doing a very thorough job.

Ques. 4

The following sentence contains a simile: When the comedian opened with the line, Love is like a peanut, no one knew what he would say next

Ques. 5

The underline portion of the following sentence represents a wordy phrase: We couldn't decide whether or not to leave tonight or in the morning.

Ques. 6

The following sentence is written in the passive voice: The man rode his skateboard to work each day.

Ques. 7

A reflective journal entry is a formal piece of writing in which a writer and teacher may analyze aspects of a work.

Ques. 8

Which of the following sentences is the most concise?

a) He was chosen for the job and hired due to the fact that he was the most experienced candidate who applied.

b) The night shift staff consists of four highly qualified technicians.
  c) In the near future, most, but not all, people will own at least one hybrid vehicle.

Ques. 9

In the following sentence, parallel adjectives are underlined: Everyone agreed her prose was skillfully rendered, and her plot intelligently crafted.

Ques. 10

Which of the following sentences contains no error in parallelism?

a) At the party everyone enjoyed the food, the wine, and some even found time to enjoy the camaraderie.
  b) Recently, I had been too busy to shampoo the rug, wash my car, nor had I been able to mow the grass.
  c) Of course, the celebrities were allowed into the club, given access to V.I.P. seating, and treated to complimentary drinks.
Read 40 times
2 Replies