b
c
R
c
houghtk2 houghtk2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An older patient was recently discharged to home after treatment for chronic heart failure. The patient experiences an increase in pulse rate from 80 beats per minute (bpm) to 102 bpm when walking from the kitchen to the utility room to do laundry.

What should the home care nurse encourage the patient to do?

1. complete tasks such as laundry early in the morning before fatigue is an issue
  2. ignore the pulse rate and become more active to build stamina
  3. rest for 30 minutes between loads of laundry
  4. rest on a chair in the utility room, and sit and rest when the patient feels the pulse rate increase

Question 2

A patient is diagnosed with pulmonary edema. What is a priority for this patient?

1. inserting a peripheral intravenous catheter
  2. requesting a prescription to medicate the patient for comfort
  3. monitoring the blood glucose level
  4. placing a pulse oximeter and administering oxygen

Question 3

Home care teaching is being completed by the nurse for a patient recovering from rheumatic fever. Which patient statement indicates that the teaching has been effective?

1. I will be sure to tell my dentist that I had rheumatic fever.
  2. I will try to focus on eating less protein and more fat so I will have more energy.
  3. I will avoid brushing my teeth so often and quit using mouth rinse because I have gingivitis.
  4. If my joints start to hurt again, I need to slow down, but I won't have to worry because I'm immune to rheumatic fever now.

Question 4

A patient has a pulmonary artery (PA) catheter placed. What should the nurse recognize as the purpose of this catheter?

1. The patient cannot tolerate hemodynamic monitoring.
  2. The patient requires a peripheral intravenous catheter for medication administration.
  3. The patient would benefit from having the right ventricle pressures measured each shift.
  4. The patient requires evaluation of left ventricular pressures each shift.

Question 5

A patient is prescribed digoxin (Lanoxin). What is the nurse's priority instruction to the patient about this medication?

1. how to manage itchy skin
  2. foods that should be eaten while taking this drug
  3. the importance of not taking the medication if the pulse is under 60 beats per minute
  4. the need to check the pulse once a week and record the result on a notepad
Read 67 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
gurpriya77gurpriya77
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 480 words.