k
m
c
o
jaimieramirez jaimieramirez
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The annual ____________________ that each latitude receives decreases from low to high latitude.
  Fill in the blank with correct word.

Q. 2

The climate of a large state or a small nation is called the ____________________.

Q. 3

Because a much greater extreme in daily air temperatures exists near the ground than several feet above, the ____________________ for small plants is far more harsh than the thermometer in an instrument shelter would indicate.

Q. 4

Regions that show a great deal of variation in temperature, precipitation, and vegetation over a relatively short vertical change in elevation would, according to Kppen, be classified as ____.
   a. polar tundra
   b. subpolar
   c. polar ice cap
   d. torrid
   e. highland

Q. 5

When the average temperature of the warmest month of a region averages above freezing, but below 10C (50F), you might expect to observe what type of vegetation there?
   a. savanna
   b. tundra
   c. taiga
   d. steppe
   e. none - its too cold for anything to grow

Q. 6

When the average temperature for every month drops below freezing, plant growth is impossible, and the region is perpetually covered with snow and ice, the climate is classified as ____.
   a. subpolar
   b. polar ice cap
   c. polar tundra
   d. polar taiga
   e. arctic

Q. 7

A region with long, very cold winters, with only one to three months having a mean temperature exceeding 10C (50F) would have a ____ climate.
   a. subpolar (Dfc)
   b. polar tundra (ET)
   c. polar ice cap (EF)
   d. humid continental with hot summers (Dfa)
   e. humid continental with cool summers (Dfb)
Read 38 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jaded 7.jaded 7.
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free