t
S
m
s
jessashlene jessashlene
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The most common cause of congenital hearing loss from birth or early infancy is:

a. Anoxia or trauma
  b. Tumor
  c. Infection
  d. Occasional loud noise

Question 2

A 26-year-old woman is thankful to be alive after rear-ending a truck with her car. However, she experienced a sternal fracture from the force of her car's airbag and has been breathing shallowly to avoid exacerbating her pain.

The nurse should consequently prioritize assessments related to:
  A) Respiratory acidosis
  B) Pulmonary effusion
  C) Atelectasis
  D) Pleurisy

Question 3

A patient, age 23, has been diagnosed with external otitis on return from vacation at the beach. The physician places an ear wick in the external ear canal and prescribes antibiotic otic drops.

Before the patient leaves the clinic, the nurse reviews the management of the disorder with her. Which statement by her indicates the need for further instruction? a. I may use aspirin for the pain.
  b. I should remove the wick tomorrow.
  c. I should apply the ear drops to the cotton wick placed in my ear canal.
  d. I may use warm compresses to the outside of my ear for comfort.

Question 4

Which of the following residents of an extended care facility is most likely to be characterized as dependent in terms of his or her capacity to perform activities of daily living?

A) Ms. Q, who needs to ring the call bell and then be accompanied to the toilet by a care aide.
  B) Mr. H, a man who needs the assistance of care staff to get off the bedpan after he voids.
  C) Mr. N, who requires regular prompts to toilet himself.
  D) Mrs. R, who has a long term, indwelling urinary catheter and needs help in performing the relevant care.

Question 5

A water seal system for chest drainage has been inserted into a patient who suffered chest trauma during a motor vehicle accident.

At the beginning of the night shift, the nurse has entered the patient's room to assess the system and the patient's condition. Which of the following assessment findings suggests that the system is operating correctly and the patient is maintaining oxygenation?
  A) There is constant bubbling in the water seal chamber.
  B) The water level in the water seal chamber increases when the patient inhales.
  C) The level in the water seal chamber stays constant throughout the ventilation cycle.
  D) The water level reaches the top of the water seal chamber with each breath.

Question 6

The patient, age 62, has had insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus for 20 years and has symptoms of proliferate diabetic retinopathy. He is scheduled for his first panretinal photocoagulation treatment.

The nurse explains to him that the purpose of this procedure is to a. destroy the retina, which is not getting enough blood supply.
  b. reduce edema in the macula of the eye.
  c. vaporize fatty deposits that appear in the retina.
  d. destroy new blood vessels, seal leaking vessels, and help prevent retinal edema.

Question 7

If a nurse infantilizes the client, the nurse is not adhering to which of the following guidelines for rehabilitative nursing?

A) Prevent complications.
  B) Do not equate physical disability with mental disability.
  C) Provide time and flexibility.
  D) Recognize and praise accomplishments.
Read 37 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Eighty8Eighty8
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.