K
g
L
w
Kttttttt Kttttttt
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which statement is the basis for the revision of a long-term care facility's certified nursing assistant's (CNAs) pay and benefits?

a. The CNA should be paid in accordance with their training, experience and responsibilities
  b. Caring for older adult is challenging and the pay and benefits should reflect that challenge
  c. All health care providers deserve to be adequately paid for the care services they provide
  d. The work of the CNA is an invaluable component to the quality care for our older citizens

Question 2

A novice nurse fails to complete the psychosexual assessment when admitting an older client to the geriatric unit.

In that space the nurse has written not applicable. What action will the nurse manager take?

a. Returns the form and asks the nurse to complete the assessment
  b. Waits until the resident becomes comfortable with the unit and then finishes the assessment
  c. Provides the novice nurse with the opportunity to discuss why the assessment was not done
  d. Asks another veteran nurse to complete the assessment

Question 3

Which housing arrangement would best address the family who wants to provide housing for an older family member who has a large degree of physical and cognitive independence and a desire to be closely involved with the family?

a. Dedicating the spare bedroom in the home to the family member
  b. A house at a senior retirement community
  c. A granny apartment in a separate part of the house
  d. Private room at a residential care facility

Question 4

Which assessment data support the medical diagnosis of coronary heart disease? Select all that apply

a. The client consistently asks the nurse to repeat the interview questions stating, I'm sorry, I lost track of what you were saying.
  b. The spouse shares that, He just isn't his same old cheerful self; he must be more cranky than ever before.
  c. Client reports, I never had problems with my bowels like I do now.
  d. Client is observed experiencing what appears to be problem with balance.
  e. Client reported an unexplained gain of 10 pounds in last 6 months.

Question 5

Which focused assessment is supported when an older adult is diagnosed with HIV?

a. Homan's Sign
  b. Mini Mental Status Examination
  c. Chvostek's Sign
  d. Neurological Examination

Question 6

Which statement made by a client recently diagnosed with diverticular disease would indicate that she needs additional teaching regarding dietary considerations?

a. I will have to increase my daily fiber intake.
  b. I'll have to give up eating right before I go to bed.
  c. I need to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day.
  d. I should avoid drinking too much coffee.

Question 7

The nurse is preparing discharge teaching for a client diagnosed with chronic ob-structive pulmonary disease (COPD). Which nursing statement would be included in this intervention? Select all that apply.

a. Are you familiar with pursed lip breathing?
  b. It will be necessary to demonstrate postural drainage techniques with a care-giver.
  c. We will need to discuss alterations in your diet.
  d. Can you explain the purpose of the medications you have been prescribed?
  e. There are some things I'd like to discuss about adaptive sexual practices.

Question 8

An older widow who is newly admitted resident of a long-term care facility develops a romantic relationship with a male resident.

When the resident's daughter demands that the staff put a stop to this sexual behavior right now the nurse's response is based on the understanding that:

a. Such activity in a long-term care facility is inappropriate.
  b. Older adults need to express love and intimacy.
  c. Sexual desire is usually absent in older adults.
  d. Sexual activity can be dangerous for older adults with chronic illnesses.
Read 45 times
2 Replies